Prep time 20 min
Cook time 25 min
Nutritional information per serving
Weight 16 g
Calories 375 cal
Total Fat 20.8 g
Saturated Fat 16.4 g
Carbs 40.8 g
Sugars 34.1 g
Sodium 86 mg
Protein 4.5 g
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
Add to shopping list
1. preheat oven to 180°c/160°c fan forced. grease and line a 28cm x 18 cm lamington pan with baking paper.
2. beat eggs until light and frothy; gradually beat in sugar until thick and creamy. fold in sifted flour, cornflour and NESTLÉ baking cocoa; fold in butter and water.
3. pour into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer insertedinto the centre comes out clean. turn out and cool on wire rack. cut in half horizontally.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN A CAKE IS COOKED?
If you can’t determine when your cake is done, don’t worry you are not alone! Luckily, there are 3 super easy tell-tale signs to know that your cake is baked to perfection.
1. beat together cream and cooled NESTLÉ dark melts until thick.
2. sandwich cake layers together with chocolate cream and refrigerate until firm. cut cake into 16 pieces.
1. combine extra NESTLÉ baking cocoa, extra NESTLÉ dark melts, icing sugar and milk.
2. coat cake pieces in icing then toss in coconut to coat. allow to set.
Rate this recipe out of 5: