Prep time 20 min
Cook time 45 min
Nutritional information per serving
Weight 10 g
Calories 633 cal
Total Fat 48.4 g
Saturated Fat 30.8 g
Carbs 43 g
Sugars 29.1 g
Sodium 421 mg
Protein 5.8 g
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
Add to shopping list
1. preheat oven to 180°c/160°c fan forced. line and grease a 20cm deep round cake pan.
2. beat butter and sugar together until light and creamy. add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; beat in plaistowe premium dark chocolate.
3. fold in sifted NESTLÉ baking cocoa and flour alternately with milk. spoon into prepared pan and bake 45-50 minutes or until a skewer insertedinto the centre comes out clean.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN A CAKE IS COOKED?
If you can’t determine when your cake is done, don’t worry you are not alone! Luckily, there are 3 super easy tell-tale signs to know that your cake is baked to perfection.
4. remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
1. meanwhile, melt plaistowe premium dark chocolate and butter together in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. allow to cool, then refrigerate until spreading consistency.
1. combine plaistowe premium dark chocolate and cream and beat until thick.
2. cut cake in half and sandwich together with the chocolate filling. spread icing over cake then serve decorated with more chocolate if desired.
note: this recipe requires 2 x 200g packets plaistowe premium dark chocolate
Rate this recipe out of 5: