Prep time 30 min
Cook time 30 min
Nutritional information per serving
Weight 12 g
Calories 418 cal
Total Fat 31.1 g
Saturated Fat 20.2 g
Carbs 28.1 g
Sugars 21 g
Protein 5 g
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
Add to shopping list
1. preheat oven to 180°c/160°c fan forced. grease and line a 23cm deep round cake pan with baking paper.
2. using an electric beater, beat eggs and sugar until light and creamy. add combined nescafÉ blend 43, NESTLÉ baking cocoa, butter and water, mix well. lightly fold in flour.
3. spoon into prepared pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until a skewer insertedinto the centre comes out clean; cool.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN A CAKE IS COOKED?
If you can’t determine when your cake is done, don’t worry you are not alone! Luckily, there are 3 super easy tell-tale signs to know that your cake is baked to perfection.
1. meanwhile, place plaistowe premium dark chocolate and butter in a small saucepan and melt over a low heat, stirring constantly.
2. transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until spreading consistency.
1. in a large bowl, combine NESTLÉ baking cocoa, nescafÉ blend 43, cream, icing sugar and water. beat until thick.
2. cut cake into 3 horizontal layers then brush each layer with milk. use the mocha filling to sandwich the torte back together again.
3. place cake on a serving plate. spread topping over sides and top of cake.
Rate this recipe out of 5: