1. preheat oven to 160°c/140°c fan forced. grease and line a 23cm deep round cake pan with baking paper.
2. combine plaistowe premium dark chocolate, nescafÉ blend 43, butter, sugar and water in a medium saucepan; stir over low heat until melted, transfer to a bowl and cool slightly.
3. whisk in eggs; sift flours and NESTLÉ baking cocoa and whisk into chocolate mixture until combined.
4. pour into prepared pan and bake 1 1/2 hours until a skewer insertedinto the centre comes out clean. note - there may be a little moist mixture on metal skewer when inserted into the centre of the cake. this is normal, do not overcook cake.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN A CAKE IS COOKED?
If you can’t determine when your cake is done, don’t worry you are not alone! Luckily, there are 3 super easy tell-tale signs to know that your cake is baked to perfection.
5. stand cake in pan for 10 minutes before turning out to cool on a wire rack.
3. spread frosting over top and sides of cake.
Rate this recipe out of 5:
Recipes.com.au is your one stop destination for no-fuss, super-delicious recipes that are as much fun to prepare as they are to devour.
From weeknight dinners, to treats for special occasions, we've got you covered. All recipes are designed to be simple and easy to follow, so you can spend more time enjoying good company and good food.
Each recipe is tried-and-tested by a dedicated our cooking team to ensure you can recreate the same great results at home. Whether you're picking up a frying pan for the first time, or a seasoned cook, you are sure to find something you'll love in our versatile collection of recipes.
It's time to get cooking.