Prep time 20 min
Cook time 90 min
Nutritional information per serving
Weight 8 g
Calories 825 cal
Total Fat 41.9 g
Saturated Fat 26.1 g
Carbs 101 g
Sugars 71.5 g
Sodium 307 mg
Protein 8.6 g
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
Add to shopping list
1. preheat oven to 160°c/140°c fan forced. grease and line a 23cm deep round cake pan with baking paper.
2. combine plaistowe premium dark chocolate, nescafÉ blend 43, butter, sugar and water in a medium saucepan; stir over low heat until melted, transfer to a bowl and cool slightly.
3. whisk in eggs; sift flours and NESTLÉ baking cocoa and whisk into chocolate mixture until combined.
4. pour into prepared pan and bake 1 1/2 hours until a skewer insertedinto the centre comes out clean. note - there may be a little moist mixture on metal skewer when inserted into the centre of the cake. this is normal, do not overcook cake.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN A CAKE IS COOKED?
If you can’t determine when your cake is done, don’t worry you are not alone! Luckily, there are 3 super easy tell-tale signs to know that your cake is baked to perfection.
5. stand cake in pan for 10 minutes before turning out to cool on a wire rack.
3. spread frosting over top and sides of cake.
Rate this recipe out of 5: