Prep time 20 min
Cook time 30 min
Nutritional information per serving
Weight 8 g
Calories 805 cal
Total Fat 48.6 g
Saturated Fat 32.6 g
Carbs 84 g
Sugars 66.9 g
Sodium 383 mg
Protein 6.2 g
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
Add to shopping list
1. preheat oven to 180°c/160°c fan forced. grease and line a 28cm x 18cm lamington pan with baking paper.
2. place dates and water in a small saucepan. bring to the boil, then simmer 10 minutes until dates are softened and water has been absorbed. stir in bicarbonate of soda and vanilla and allow to cool.
3. beat butter and sugar until light & fluffy, add eggs one at a time and beat well.
4. fold in date mixture and combined sifted flour and NESTLÉ baking cocoa.
5. spread into prepared pan and bake 30-35 minutes or until a skewer insertedinto the centre comes out clean. cool slightly before removing from pan.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN A CAKE IS COOKED?
If you can’t determine when your cake is done, don’t worry you are not alone! Luckily, there are 3 super easy tell-tale signs to know that your cake is baked to perfection.
1. place butter, sugar and cream in a saucepan over low heat and heat until melted.
2. remove from heat, stir in NESTLÉ white melts and stir until melted.
3. serve warm cake with sauce.
Rate this recipe out of 5: