1. preheat oven to 180°c/160°c fan forced. grease and line a 31cm x 26cm swiss roll pan with baking paper.
2. place dates and water in a medium saucepan and cook, stirring, over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until the mixture is thick.
3. remove from heat, stir in bicarbonate of soda, butter, sugar and plaistowe premium dark chocolate. stir until chocolate has melted then transfer to a bowl and cool slightly.
4. stir in eggs and flour; spoon into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer insertedinto the centre comes out clean.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN A CAKE IS COOKED?
If you can’t determine when your cake is done, don’t worry you are not alone! Luckily, there are 3 super easy tell-tale signs to know that your cake is baked to perfection.
1. place sugar, cream and butter in a small saucepan. cook over a low heat until melted. remove from heat, stir in NESTLÉ white melts and stir until melted.
2. serve pudding cut into squares with warm sauce.
Rate this recipe out of 5:
Recipes.com.au is your one stop destination for no-fuss, super-delicious recipes that are as much fun to prepare as they are to devour.
From weeknight dinners, to treats for special occasions, we've got you covered. All recipes are designed to be simple and easy to follow, so you can spend more time enjoying good company and good food.
Each recipe is tried-and-tested by a dedicated our cooking team to ensure you can recreate the same great results at home. Whether you're picking up a frying pan for the first time, or a seasoned cook, you are sure to find something you'll love in our versatile collection of recipes.
It's time to get cooking.