Prep time 15 min
Cook time 45 min
Nutritional information per serving
Weight 9 g
Calories 640 cal
Total Fat 32.9 g
Saturated Fat 21.7 g
Carbs 79.5 g
Sugars 61.8 g
Fibre 3.9 g
Protein 6.1 g
Select ingredients and add them to your shopping list
Add to shopping list
1. preheat oven to 180°c/160°c fan forced. grease and line a 31cm x 26cm swiss roll pan with baking paper.
2. place dates and water in a medium saucepan and cook, stirring, over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until the mixture is thick.
3. remove from heat, stir in bicarbonate of soda, butter, sugar and plaistowe premium dark chocolate. stir until chocolate has melted then transfer to a bowl and cool slightly.
4. stir in eggs and flour; spoon into prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer insertedinto the centre comes out clean.
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEN A CAKE IS COOKED?
If you can’t determine when your cake is done, don’t worry you are not alone! Luckily, there are 3 super easy tell-tale signs to know that your cake is baked to perfection.
1. place sugar, cream and butter in a small saucepan. cook over a low heat until melted. remove from heat, stir in NESTLÉ white melts and stir until melted.
2. serve pudding cut into squares with warm sauce.
Rate this recipe out of 5: